What exactly is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medical therapy that allows energy from the body to flow into healthier patterns. This is done by inserting needles and applying electrical stimulation at specific points. Dr. Frank Pugh is a long time advocate of this healing technique and it’s his mission to thoroughly explain his methods to each patient whom either expresses interest themselves or whom he feels would benefit from experiencing it.
Dr. Pugh has found that most people are intimidated or seek acupuncture as a last resort. This is typically after several failed attempts with other methods involving medicine or from patients who have practically given up hope or haven’t been treated by a practitioner that believes in long term care and is committed to their patient’s health. Dr. Pugh wants to place you in a relaxed state – away from your pain as well as while as a calm office environment.
Why does Doctor Frank Pugh Believe in Acupuncture and Support its Technique?
Dr. Pugh will be the first one to tell you you’re too stressed out, after just one conversation with him. The demands of our fast-paced society and high-tech social tools, combined with routine life and job situations – leaves us all feeling stressed and overwhelmed. We always have more to do and less time to do it.
Dr. Pugh applies acupuncture with the traditional Chinese method by inserting very fine hair-thin needles into certain points on the skin located on what is called ‘meridians’. Meridians are the invisible pathways that exist throughout the body (like a spider web) in which natural energy flows. When your energy flow gets low and becomes congested in any area of the body, imbalances occur.
The pressure that results from such demands have proven to have strong impacts on blood pressure, heart problems, depression, anxiety and other stress-related conditions.
Why Would Someone Use It?
- You suffer from chronic pain and the prescribed medicine has not helped.
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression – nothing has helped relieve the symptoms
- Allergies are a constant battle for you and your immune system is unpredictable
- Fertility issues, menstrual cramps
- Weight control and healthy diet has always been a challenge
Too much stress tends to affect the balance in the body which can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, headaches, depression and many other stress-related conditions.
So acupuncturists recommend periodic acupuncture care to bring the body back into balance and keep it this way. This helps replace feelings of stress with a sense of well-being, something everyone desires.
How does Acupuncture work?
By connecting to the acupuncture points on the body, it stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. This will either directly change the feeling of pain or it will trigger the release of other natural chemicals and hormones which will influence the body’s natural regulation.
By improving the energy flow and biochemical balance with acupuncture, the body’s natural healing abilities will result in promoting physical and emotional well-being. Acupuncture influences the center and peripheral nervous system. Evidence shows it releases endorphins from the brain which makes it particularly effective in pain control.
Acupuncture works with the body, strengthening and balancing its energy. It improves circulation and allows the body to heal itself more quickly and completely.
- Acupuncture treatment involves no prescribed medication or drugs, so you avoid the risks of dependency and any side-effects.
- During each acupuncture session, Dr. Pugh will adjust the treatment according to your specific condition, monitoring changes constantly.
- The length, number and frequency of treatments will vary.
- Typical treatments last anywhere from five minutes to an hour.
- Some symptoms are relieved after the first treatment, while more severe or chronic issues require multiple treatments.